This wonderful age of streaming TV, films and boxsets and taking advantage of downloadable content has eclipsed the era of the terrestrial TV and VCR’s, which we once thought represented the pinnacle of technology. Today’s Smart TV’s from Sony, Phillips, Toshiba and Humax Direct, with the capability to view and record easily offer customised service as they learn your preferences. It’s just like having your very own entertainment consultant in the room. (And this one doesn’t snore, hog the remote or ask for a cuppa mid show. What could be better?)
What is Android TV?
You’re probably aware of Android in mobile phones and tablets but Android’s operating system is a sought TV and recording solution. In the last five years, Google has developed a smart TV platform which employs the Android operating system. By using your internet connection and Google account you can access TV, free and paid for apps, films, streaming services and games. Google’s Chromecast, Assistant and Play Store are incorporated into the TV so that easy access to new content is available, all from the comfort of your sofa. Google Assistant offers over 500000 shows and films plus customised recommendations. Google Play has 5000+ apps so you’ll never be lost for diversions. Techradar,com’s top five streaming services are Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Now TV, Amazon Prime Video and the relatively new arrival, Disney Plus.
It’s all about you
Two adjacent houses have wholly different entertainment wishes and experiences. You may prefer soaps, rom-coms and documentaries, next door choose action thrillers, US TV comedies and sports with poker apps as another pursuit. You both have photos and videos which are of your fondest moments. You are unique so why shouldn’t your TV be too? There’s nothing generic about the sophisticated services.
Although 2020 has delivered a few unwelcome surprises, here’s one that is a spectacular opportunity. It combines the unrivalled technology of a Google Android TV, the innovative customer focused skills of Humax Direct and the subscription free model of viewing from Freeview. It can’t end a pandemic or decide an election but it can keep you sane in lockdown! This is a one of a kind product that allows you freedom and confidence to trust in your home entertainment solution.
Welcome to the future: The Humax AURA UHD Freeview Play 4K Recorder. Here are just 15 of its primary attributes:
- Simple to purchase and affordable.
- Convenient to set up.
- Just an aerial and internet access required.
- Use voice control.
- Google Assistant, Chromecast and the Google Play Store are built in. Google Assistant delivers access to 500000 shows and films.
- The pre-installed subscription free Freeview service delivers over 85 channels, 15 of these are HD. 95% of the country’s most watched programmes are on Freeview Play. Plus radio stations and on demand services.
- Browse the on screen 7 day TV guide. Via 555 on the remote control, use filters for programmes with audio description, subtitles, text to speech and sign language. (This service launched in October 2020.)
- The ability to pause, record and rewind live TV.
- Set up recordings and reminders.
- Enjoy the flexibility of recording 4 shows simultaneously whilst watching a 5th one.
- Remember VHS’s 4 hour recording limit? There is storage capacity on the Humax Aura for 1000 hours of recorded content with the 2TB model and 500 hours with the 1TB 4K recorder.
- Watch streamed live and recorded content via the Humax Aura app.
- Download programmes for watching on the go.
- The Aura app streams shows to different devices.
- Has a media server, plug and play USB.
Humax offers a 2 year warranty and Freeview has installations in 18 million UK homes so your user experience is guaranteed to be exceptional.
Subscription free alternatives are excellent but they can’t compete with the Humax AURA UHD Freeview Play 4K Recorder because it has no equivalent.
Freesat: The set top box requires a satellite dish and again it offers subscription free access to over 200 digital TV and radio channels. 13 of the TV channels are HD.
Youview: This is similar to the Freeview option but with 70 plus channels available and you need an aerial not a satellite dish.
In the same way that terrestrial TV, limited satellite and cable, and VCRs have faded away into obscurity, old style TV’s are diminishing in number as enhanced capability technology with optimised user-friendliness continues to deliver more than was once dreamed of. Thinking smarter is now a way of life so why resist it?