According to save my cent, statistics show that 17 percent of Americans prefer gift cards for the holidays. Another important statistic is that 48.28 percent of gift cards were purchased in December 2020. These statistical data show that gift cards are preferred by more people when it comes to gifting. The holidays are lurking around the corner, and ever since the pandemic, people have been more into virtual shopping than actual shopping in stores to avoid the crowds. The vanillagift card is one good option to avoid the holiday rush and the traffic jam. Furthermore, it gives the receiver the freedom to buy what she prefers.
Just like any other mode of gifting, gift cards also have their benefits and disadvantages. Among the benefits are:
- A gift card is a beneficial substitute for money if you go shopping or give it as a present for special occasions. You can use it in actual stores or on virtual shopping platforms. It is a great alternative payment method.
- Controlled Spending. Since gift cards have preloaded amounts, the spending will be limited to the amount they contain. It helps in avoiding overspending or buying things beyond the budgeted range.
- Hassle-free. Gift cards are easy to use. They are not like complicated puzzles that you need to decipher.
- You save time and effort. Gift cards save you the hustle and the time of thinking about what to give as a gift. Furthermore, you do not have to go out of your way or take the time to find something that fits your budget.
All modes of payment have disadvantages. Among these are:
- Hidden charges. Unfortunately, despite the convenience these cards give, the hidden fees are one of the cons. There are also reloading charges.
- You cannot buy something worth more than the preloaded amount, even if it is just a few extra dollars. And when there are items bought with the card, usually the remaining money will be forgotten, so it is wasted money.
- It is hard to replace the card when it is lost, especially when it has not been registered.
- Failure to use the card may result in payment for inactivity charges.
- vulnerability to scams and hackers Gift card scamming is the top payment fraud in America. Statistics show that one in ten Americans were victimized by gift card scams amounting to 840 USD. Scammers work by asking for numbers behind the card, and the scammer calls the victim by pretending to be an employee of the company. They ask for all the necessary details to access the card. They often target those with closed-loop cards. Those who have gift cards must be extra careful. It would be best to spend the amount immediately so that it will not entertain any scams.
How to avoid the disadvantages
First, make it a priority to register the card before giving it as a gift to minimize the possible errors in using the card. The activation takes only a few seconds.
Second, use the card immediately. Do not wait until you forget it or open an opportunity for scammers to victimize you. If they do, at least there is no more money left on the card.
Third, make sure to purchase from a reputable source. Vanillagift.org helps you get a quality gift card. Vanilla Gift has won the 2022 Consumer’s Prepaid Boat Award and is well-known for its top-tier service and customer satisfaction.
Why a Vanilla Gift?
Aside from winning the 2022 Consumer’s Prepaid Boat Award, which already says a lot, vanillagift.org ensures that its team works round the clock to assist its customers in any way it can.