Are you struggling quite a lot in higher Physics? It is not surprising because this level of Physics is far more complex than combined Science subjects. You may have a hard time understanding the questions and applying formulas, something that can bring your morale to rock bottom. So, grab some time and spend it on this article, as it shows you the techniques on how you can ace the H2 Physics tuition class.
What Is H2 Physics?
H2 Physics, also known as “Higher 2 Physics,” is perhaps one of the hardest subjects in Junior Colleges (JC) in which many students struggle hard to get to ‘A’ Levels. It is far different from Secondary Pure Physics.
The H2 Physics syllabus comprises both ‘O’ Level and complex brand new topics of which students need more background knowledge. Such is indeed an extreme challenge to overcome with. But there’s no point in panicking about it. You can literally do preparation on how to beat it and use techniques combined with hard work and consistency. It is a steep learning process. The study methods go beyond the normal route. Memorisation is not the only thing, there is more. However, this subject is not daunting, provided you use the right learning approach and methods coupled with ample practice.
Physics is made up of concepts and formulas. You’ve got to hone your ability to use and apply them to score points in the examination. Follow through these steps:
- Master the definitions and key formulas. Do not skip any concepts regardless of their difficulty level because they are linked to others. Set your focus on understanding the basic concepts as well as the underlying principles. The more you do this, the better your chances of developing your ability to connect between different areas.
- Make all the topics digestible by breaking them into smaller subtopics. Reduce confusion by seeking help from your teacher, tutor, or friends. Only step up to the next topic once you finally understand.
- Make a habit of applying the concepts and formulas to check if you have understood enough.
- Remember to keep reviewing your learnings so you will not forget them.
For anything that is plainly difficult, using techniques should be your next step. Here are a few suggested techniques you can do.
Increase Your Mathematical Skills
Physics involves problem-solving and correct calculations are a must. So, brush up your math skills to better handle it and strive to achieve proficiency in mathematical concepts like trigonometry and calculus.
Also, use visual aids for mastering diagrams and plotting graphs to familiarise the corresponding interpretations that indicate the measurements of distance, speed, velocity, displacement, and more.
Be Consistent in the Revision Schedule
The number of formulas in Physics can be complex. As a result, you must master what you have learned through consistent practice. How should this be done?
- Complete the practice questions after each lecture while the concepts are still retained in your memory.
- Allocate sufficient time for reviews each week to keep all learnings fresh.
- Good-quality notes are important. Create a monthly or quarterly summary of your notes and review them. You may use flash cards if you’re a visual person or do a record of yourself reading the notes to enhance your retention with playbacks.
Keep practising to prepare yourself for final paper tests. Keep yourself smart at them by applying these tips as well.
- Re-read each question carefully before solving it.
- Watch for correctly using units of measurement, proper placement of decimal points, and formulas.
- Be sure to do the conversion when it needs to be converted.
- Skip questions you find difficulty understanding, proceed to the next, and then go back.
Master the Equations
It is always necessary that you pay attention to the equations. They are significant in getting way up to ‘A’ Levels, whether practical or written. You’ve got to be clear about them in order to pick points on all questions and boost your scores easily.
Stay Calm as Possible
Learn that exams can shake away your composure, particularly if they are fast approaching or given as a surprise test.
Nervousness can literally disrupt focus and how you process the information leading to unnecessary confusion. Try to remain as calm as possible. Take the test with a clear and simple mind. You may give it a second look before doing any analysis.
Tutoring is an effective way of testing your knowledge and honing it at the same time. It is the main reason why your teacher in this subject gets smarter—because of regular teaching.
Teaching others compels you to do extra research consciously. Of course, you have to ensure you are doing the right thing. You may set quality time with your buddies for coaching sessions.
Physics is a fascinating subject, just like Mathematics. Both areas deal with facts, figures, and science relevant to our daily functions. They are, however, challenging as they contain concepts and in-depth details that are extremely difficult. Because of the abstraction, it can be difficult to relate to at times. But you can simplify the complexities by going through the basic steps shown.