Most of us today like to eat something that is both healthy as well as delicious. Many well-known cooks and nutritionists around the world, therefore, strive to bring to you something that is a combination of both the above-mentioned factors as far as food is concerned. One such innovative dish is the twice-baked cauliflower which will not only be liked by your taste buds but will also maintain a proper count of carbohydrates that is recommended for your body on a daily basis.
The low -carb twice-baked cauliflower is basically a side dish that can be enjoyed by one and all. All you need is cauliflower, a few slices of bacon, some green onion, some cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and an oven in which you can bake the dish. In this article, let us have a look at how this particular dish can be prepared.
Must Read Fitness expert Sapna Vyas Patel diet and workout
The following are the main ingredients that you would need to cook the low-carb twice baked cauliflower.
- A full-sized cauliflower
- Low-fat sour cream which is not fat-free
- A few ounces of cream cheese
- Green onion which you can cut and keep
- Cheddar cheese which is 1 cup
- Bacon which is cut in slices. You would need a total of 6 to 7 such slices
Follow the Below Directions to Cook the Recipe:
Cooking the twice-baked cauliflower is really simple and there is hardly any effort that goes into the baking of the cauliflower. In this section, we list down some or all of the steps that need to be followed to finally get the cauliflower recipe in place. Let us have a look into the steps:
- The first step is to preheat the oven in which you shall be cooking the cauliflower. The temperature should be kept at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius as it is called.
- You would need a casserole that can be used in the oven without harming the dish. In most cases, a glass casserole id preferred as the same is known to be oven-friendly.
- Do not forget to spray some kind of oil that you use to cook on the glass casserole. The best-prescribed oil for this type of cooking is the olive oil for sure.
- Then, the cauliflower needs to be cut in small pieces after the stem from the vegetable has been removed.
- Once the cauliflower has been cut into the desired pieces, the next step is to keep the same in a pot that has water on it. You are required to boil the same after the cauliflower is in the pot.
- The boiling of the cauliflower needs to be stopped once the vegetable is tender enough. You should, however, be careful to not boil the cauliflower so much that it becomes too soft.
- After that, all the water has to be carefully drained out from the pot and the vegetable needs to be mashed with the help of a potato masher preferably. Be careful to not mash it completely. It needs to be mashed in such a way that there are still a few chunks that remain therein.
- Now, we come to the bacon. The same needs to be cooked thoroughly.
- The green onions that you have taken for the dish need to be cut in thin slices. The other ingredients, too, should be made ready. The cream cheese and the parmesan cheese need to be cut in cubes or in whatever way you prefer.
- Appropriate measures of the different cheese and other ingredients such as the sour cream etc. need to be taken
- The bacon, the cream cheese, the parmesan cheese, the chopped green onions, and the bacon that had been cooked appropriately needs to be mixed with the cauliflower that you have just mashed with the help of the potato masher.
- Now it is time to bake the above-mentioned mixture. All you need to do is spread the above mixture of cauliflower, bacon, cheese, etc. in the glass casserole very evenly. The mixture, if spread with some cheese and bacon from the top will make the dish all the lovelier and inviting. Cover the glass casserole and start baking. The recommended baking time for the dish is somewhere around 25 to 30 minutes.
- After 25 to 30 minutes have passed, you are recommended to remove the lid of the glass casserole and further bake the cauliflower dish for another 8 to 10 minutes.
Your twice-baked low-carb cauliflower dish is now ready. The best part of the dish is that you can easily store the dish and preheat it before eating.
Thus, as can be seen from the above article, the low-carb twice-baked cauliflower is a simple recipe to cook. This is something which you will thoroughly enjoy, particularly if you like cauliflower. Cauliflower is, after all the main ingredient of the dish. You can cook it easily and enjoy the dish without having to worry about the total calorie or the total carbohydrate intake.