An explainer video is short but it can boost your business and increase sales if it’s created successfully. Just a clear and well-done video can attract potential clients but the most difficult part here is to create a good explainer video. In this article, we’re going to provide you with several useful hints on making a killer explainer video. You can also check other advice on completing a perfect animated explainer video.
Follow the next tips to make a marvelous explainer video to describe the product or service your company offers and increase your sales without wasting time!
- A good script means a lot. Remember that without a clear script, the chances of making a successful video are very low. We suggest choosing someone who can create a script for you because a pair of fresh eyes works better when you have to look at the product or service like an outsider and explain it to anyone to make people interested. If you’re contacting a professional studio, they may ask you to fill their creative brief at the very beginning. Check out if you have defined the target audience, specific problem you need to solve, the main benefits of your product or service, and other important moments you want to see in the final video.
- Keep it very short. There is no need to give people too much information because it wouldn’t turn their attention. Concentrate on the most important things you have to address and try to create a brief overview of your product or service. Keep in mind that people should be interested in making the next step. Remember the longer your video is the less your potential clients will pay attention to it. Do not try to give the full information but concentrate on the most important things that help to solve a certain problem.
- Keep your video simple. Please base your explained video on the next four things:
- Problem statement. Here you address the trouble your potential clients are having (about 20 seconds)
- The solution you suggest. Introduce the service or product you offer to solve the problem (5 seconds)
- Describe how your solution works – briefly explain just the most important things (25 seconds)
- A CTA – tell your audience what their next step is (10 seconds).
- Introduce your benefits but not tell about features. Of course, you may have a temptation to tell as many things as possible about the new product or service but don’t make this list too long. Highlight the main and the most important benefits and explain why this product is better than others. Concentrate on those parameters that can improve your clients’ lives and what improvements they can get.
- A professional voice means a lot. Even if you have made a stunning explainer video, a very poor voice can destroy it. Check out if you have used a good voice to complete your project on a high level.
- Add something interesting. Do not make your video too official and keep oriented on your target audience. You can add something fun into it, including a good surprise or a funny joke to make the audience relaxed and connect with the company easily.
- Visuals are not extra important. Many professional explainer videos use quite simple visuals, so this is not a key element of your project. You have to tell the short story with visuals without adding too much detail because it may keep the audience defocused on the main idea.
- Add music to complete the project. Music can evoke various emotions, so you can use it in your video to set the mood of your explainer. Remember that good music or a song can make your video very popular.
Got in trouble trying to complete a short video that explains to people your product or service? Use our hints when you’re making the explainer video to make sure you’re going in the right direction. The main task is to create a video that will give good results without wasting a lot of time and money.