The rapid pace of developing technology makes this a very exciting time to be alive and if you are far from happy with your current employment, there are many booming business sectors that offer great potential.
Here are just a few of the up-and-coming sectors that offer a great future.
- Robotics – Many factories are now using state of the art robotic systems that replace the previous system, which would be faster and more accurate. White glove logistics is a booming sector that installs robotic systems and also maintains the equipment and whether you prefer to be involved in design or management, this sector is most definitely the future.
- Machine Learning – Artificial intelligence has moved forward in leaps and bounds and this will be incorporated into our lives more and more. The Internet of Things (IoT) will soon be launched and this platform will connect every digital device and will be managed by AI. If you like to write code and would like to be part of a new generation, machine learning might be just the profession to enter.
- White Glove Logistics – The new generation of digital equipment demands specialised logistics, with companies such as Rhenus High Tech, final mile delivery services for a wide range of business sectors. This is one of the fastest growing sectors and if you are electronically-minded and like a challenge, training to be a white glove technician would make for a great career. These technicians install digital signage, ATMs, fitness equipment, medical equipment, and other technical equipment and because of certification, learning is a major aspect of the work. Perhaps as much as 50% of your working time would be spent attending workshops to gain product certification.
- Solar Energy – While this is not a new industry, it is in its infancy, and with constant development, solar power systems are now affordable and efficient and engineers are needed for installation and maintenance. The sooner we shut down the fossil-fuel burning power stations, the better and the UK government is fully committed to switching industry and homes to clean and renewable energy. There are actually courses that you can take to obtain the certification needed to apply for a job installing solar power components and as you gain more hands-on experience, you can enjoy promotions. Click here for tips on solar panel maintenance.
- Digital Marketing – Marketing will always be needed and as we are living in a digital age, learning about search engine optimisation would be an ideal stepping stone to move into a career in digital marketing. Start working as a trainee for a leading SEO agency and as you gain more knowledge, your worth will increase. A top SEO technician would command a very highly salary and that could be you in, say 10 years.
This is most definitely an exciting time to be on the lookout for a challenging career and all of the above are sectors that will stand the test of time. Click here for further reading on career opportunities from the UK government, which might help you with your selection.