Eating and staying healthy both go hand in hand. In today’s fast-paced world, it is extremely important that you eat well. Thus, we always have the various experts coming out with recipes that are not only quick to make but are delicious too. In this article, we shall discuss one recipe that you shall fall in love with if you are someone who relishes chicken. So, what are we waiting for? Read on and find out the recipe for Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken
Before looking into the recipe of the Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken, let us first see the ingredients that actually get into the making of this scrumptious and much-loved dish.
- A few drops of olive oil.
- You also require a couple of tablespoons of sugar
- A few cloves of garlic, preferably 4 cloves which have been minced
- A couple of oranges. One of them can be used in the juice form and the other needs to be cut into slices
- A couple of lemons is also required. Similar to the oranges, one of the lemons should be sliced and the other can be used in the form of a juice
- Italian seasoning is also used in this recipe. Hence, the same needs to be made ready
- This recipe also uses spices such as paprika
- You also require onion that has been cut into thin slices
- Apart from the cut onions, onion powder also goes into this particular chicken recipe
- You should also use pepper and salt to taste.
- Dries thyme which has been chopped in an appropriate manner also needs to go into the recipe
- Apart from the usual thyme, you can also make use of some of the other herbs including rosemary, parsley, amongst others. This is mainly used for garnishing the entire dish
- The most important ingredient that goes into the making of the Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken is the chicken itself. The most preferred part of the meat that is used for the purpose of this recipe is the chicken thighs or the legs. However, you are also free to use the other parts of the chicken
Having seen the whole lot of ingredients that go into the making of the very delicious Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken, let us now have a look into the main recipe itself.
In this section. Let us how easy and the elegant roasted chicken recipe is made. The following lists down the step by step procedure of cooking the Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken:
- Since the chicken is roasted and not fried, you will need an oven for the recipe. The oven should be preheated to a temperature of around 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- While the oven is kept to get heated, you need to take a bowl where you will have to mix the various ingredients that are used in the cooking of this particular dish. The ingredients to be mixed together include olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, as well as the orange juice that you might have taken out by now
- Take a baking dish in the next step. Now you should carefully place the chicken part that you have chosen to cook with into the dish. Post that, you should be careful that the entire chicken has been poured with olive oil. This process should be done even if you choose to marinate the chicken pieces.
- Now in the baking dish itself, you need to put a few lemon slices, onion, as well as slices of the orange fruit just below the chicken.
- Over the chicken, you need to spread chopped thyme, rosemary, and some of the other spices such as pepper, paprika, salt, etc. on the chicken.
- Now you need to switch the baking oven on. The chicken needs to be baked for about an hour’s time. You should not cover the baking pan until then. The chicken is now cooked, and you can garnish your dish with fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, etc. to present it beautifully
The amazing mouth-watering roasted chicken dish is now ready, and you can delve into the dish and transform yourself into a world of elegant and healthy food!
Also Read: Low-Carb Twice Baked Cauliflower
Thus, as is clear from the above article, the Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken is such a simple and amazing dish to prepare. You sure shall be in love with this dish if you love chicken. Nothing can get as delicious and as healthy as this particular roasted chicken dish. This has to be on your menu at least once or twice a week.
Thus, all you need to make this easy and elegant chicken dish is just an hour or so. The Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken can become your go-to dish when it comes to eating a lavish yet healthy dinner on any of the days or when you have invited your friends over for treating them to some amazing foodstuff. The Herb and Citrus Oven Roasted Chicken can definitely be a dish for you when you are cooking to impress either your husband, any of the family members, or even your friends for that matter.