Recovering data from you’re the RAID arrays, hard drives, flash drives or Apple drives can be quite a complicated task, a layman should not undertake. Special techniques and processes are used to ensure that the data stored in the drives remain safe and is recovered without hassles. As the dependency upon the different kinds of storage tools has increased in this technology oriented world, the tendency of losing data due to malfunction or hardware issues have also increased. This in turn has given rise to a more sophisticated and advanced data recovery industry. There are certain cheap data recovery centers and then there are a few data recovery companies that charge exorbitantly. There are certain things you need to ask yourself before you go ahead to find the data recovery company to retrieve the lost data from your RAID array or other types of memory drives.
- How important is the lost data worth?
- What is the budget you can allot for data recovery?
- What is the timeline within which you need to retrieve data?
- Assess the data loss situation to find the data recovery company that has a good reputation with dealing with that particular type of data recovery.
Once you have ascertained your budget, the importance of the lost data and know the deadline within which you want your data back, it would become easier for you to find the data recovery center that meets your set criteria. The next step is to take quotes from different data recovery companies and review their market reputation, in order to decide on the company that is trustworthy, honest, efficient and affordable. However, before you decide on a particular data recovery center, there are certain things you need to keep in mind to ensure that you zero in on the best company you can trust with eyes closed.
- It is important to know whether the data recovery company uses any kind of destructive methods or not to retrieve lost data. As per the rule book, a reliable and reputed company would never use destructive methods, and the company you hire to recover data from your RAID drive, flash drive, Apple drive or hard drive should not use these methods as well. There are many safer alternative methods and techniques that can be used to recover lost data, which guarantees no data loss during the data recovery process.
- It is important that the data recovery centre you hire has multiple service plans to fit your budget and requirements aptly. If you want to retrieve data urgently, a different method would be used, the cost of which would be on the expensive side. And, if the turnaround time is not a factor for you, as long as the data is recovered, the prices are bit on the cheaper side.
- Make sure that you do a bit of research and find out more about their data recover lab. It should be clean and must have controlled environment to recover data from sensitive drives.
- Knowing about the background and the reputation of the company is also important to conclusively decide which data recovery company is the most efficient.
- It is important to know how the recovered data is returned to the customers. Whether the company uses cheap DVDs and CDs or safer and more convenient external hard drives? Knowing this is important, especially if the recovery data is huge. Accessing large amount of data from DVDs and CDs can be frustrating, whereas reading the same through external hard drive is far more convenient, flexible and safer.
- Make sure that you contact the data recovery centres and take quotes from them as well as ask for their credentials and success rate. Any company telling they have the success rate of around 80 to 90 percent is simply tricking the customers.
Finding an affordable and cheap data recovery company is a daunting task as there are so many companies in the market. However, with a bit of research, it won’t be difficult to find the honest, efficient and reliable data recovery center you can trust without having to burn a hole in your pocket.
Author Bio – Richard Ingram has been a data recovery specialist for over 13 years now and manages his own data recovery company with a state of the art data recovery lab. He loves to write useful and informative articles on data recovery and data recovery companies to help people meet such situations confidently.